In the title section only place your first name and class period
Introductory Reflection Section:
You should be focused on a specific brand or store in which you are personally familiar. Unlike the guided questions, this section should be completed in a more thoughtful manner.
(Minimum: 1 full paragraph)
Product Exploration Section:
Please ensure that you thoroughly review the case study outline to ensure that you are including all of the components for this section
- Be creative in this section
- Add media for each item you are describing
- If you are unable to find out the exact location of production on your virtual store visits—dig a little deeper (document your research)
(Minimum: No paragraph minimum…Just make sure that you include all the components)
Assigned readings, the documentary, and independent study will be used for this section. Thoughtful examination of the following may include but not be limited to:
- An examination of the impact of H&M’s couture partnerships
- A look at H&M’s social and environmental policies
- An examination of whether or not you are of the opinion that H&M is ethical in their treatment of their labor force (why or why not)
- A discussion of why it is important to know who makes your clothes
- Who do you think is responsible for making this a transparent process?
- A definitive position as to what should/ could be done to improve the conditions of garment workers
- A critical look at what you as a consumer would like to really know about the conditions under which your clothes are made…
- Craft a list of five questions you would ask H&M if you had the opportunity
(Minimum: 5 full paragraphs)
Get approval by Thursday’s class for the picture you would like to submit for the project.
Self-explanatory, do not plagiarize!
First posted on the blog as a blog post, March 11th